Staff Writer 

CO Leak At The Dream Underscores Importance of Detectors


February 7, 2019

A carbon monoxide detector monitors your home and alerts you to any presence of deadly CO.

A carbon monoxide leak at The Dream restaurant in Hollidaysburg on Saturday, Feb. 2, forced the evacuation of customers.

According to reports, a carbon monoxide detector in the kitchen area began showing high levels of CO and when the detector was taken into the dining area, it still showed a high level of the gas.

The building was evacuated and the Phoenix Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene, confirming the presence of a high level of CO.

A malfunction in the hot water boiler heating system was determined to be the cause.

No injuries were reported and the restaurant remained...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019