Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

By BLAIR M. BICE
Former Publisher 

Flotsam & Jetsam – Remember April 28, 1928?

 

Photo from Herald archives]

Publisher Blair M. Bice at his desk in the Herald office. This photo is undated, but the well-stocked shelves behind Mr. Bice are still in place at the Herald office today, even if they are somewhat less burdened. Note the cigarette, the skinny tie and the type of telephone. On top of the telephone handset is a cradle that would rest on his shoulder and allow Mr. Bice to hold the phone handset to his ear while keeping both hands free – a device no doubt useful to the busy publisher of a thriving community newspaper.

Editor's Note: The following column was brought into the Herald by a long-time subscriber. She thought that Herald readers might enjoy this column from the Herald's past written by Blair M. Bice.

On April 1, 1946, Blair M. Bice became the owner of the Herald Printing Co. and the publisher of the Morrisons Cove Herald. The Bice family owned and operated the Morrisons Cove Herald from 1946 to 1968.

There is no date for this column, but Mr. Bice mentions a 60th anniversary, so a logical guess would be that it was published in 1988. However, back editions of the Herald are not indexed and we...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 03/13/2019 05:02