Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

75 Years Ago

Fire In REA Building

 


Herald of April 6, 1944

Fire threatened the section of North Market street near the Square Saturday when a blaze was discovered in the former REA building just in time to prevent a big conflagration. It was said that fifteen minutes more of a start would have put the fire beyond control.

The fire started from an overheated oil stove in the Hinish apartment at the end of the building next to the North Market street grocery, which is across the alley in the Wagner building.

It was said Irvin Hinish had lit the stove preparatory to getting supper, as it was between five and six o’clock, and...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019