100 Years Ago
Easter Sunday in Town
April 25, 2019
Herald of April 25, 1919
Easter Sunday was a busy day among the local churches here and a number of interesting services were conducted. Besides some regular services, the Holy Communion was celebrated in the Reformed and Lutheran churches. An Easter program was rendered by the Sunday school of the Methodist church on Sunday morning, and in the evening a special Easter service was held in the Reformed church. At the Church of God the graduating exercises of the class in Teacher Training were held in the evening.
Charles B. Brua, for a number of years deliveryman in this territory for the Atlantic Refining company, recently sold his property in West Martinsburg to W. Roy Layman, who will occupy the same in the near future. Mr. Bruab has purchased a property in Hollidaysburg and will move to that place.
Charles Baughman, who some time ago purchased the stone quarry northwest of town, has been very busy, and is conducting a successful business. Since closing his lime kiln some ten days ago, he has delivered 900 tons of stone.