Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Fire Hits Parsonage

 


Herald of June 19, 1969

Fire broke out at 9 p.m. Sunday on the third floor of the parsonage of Trinity United Methodist Church, 430 E. Main St., Roaring Spring. The Rev. Leland Keemer and Mrs. Keemer had just returned to their home with their guests, Dr. and Mrs. John F. Stamm of Epworth Manor, Tyrone, when a partial blackout occurred in the community due to an electrical short circuit. The pastor went to his room on the second floor to obtain a flashlight when he heard a crackling noise, and, opening a door to the attic, discovered it filled with smoke. He called the Friendship Fire Company and two trucks and a squad car along with 25 men responded. The blaze proved stubborn and firemen were required at the scene for over three hours.

The carpenters strike that has halted construction projects throughout western Pennsylvania has slowed work on the new Spring Cove Junior High School, but it has not stopped work completely. Warren R. Smith, school superintendent, reported to the school board this week that his major concern was the installation of tile.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019