Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Fire Hits Parsonage

 


Herald of June 19, 1969

Fire broke out at 9 p.m. Sunday on the third floor of the parsonage of Trinity United Methodist Church, 430 E. Main St., Roaring Spring. The Rev. Leland Keemer and Mrs. Keemer had just returned to their home with their guests, Dr. and Mrs. John F. Stamm of Epworth Manor, Tyrone, when a partial blackout occurred in the community due to an electrical short circuit. The pastor went to his room on the second floor to obtain a flashlight when he heard a crackling noise, and, opening a door to the attic, discovered it filled with smoke. He called the Friendship Fire Compan...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/04/2019 23:47