Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

By Linda Steele
Board Trustee 

History of the RS Community Library

 

August 22, 2019



According to the Roaring Spring Centennial History Book, the Roaring Spring Community Library is one of the prime assets of the community.

It all started when Mr. and Mrs. George Kensinger called a meeting in 1958. They were looking for interested people for the purpose of formulating plans for a free public library in Roaring Spring. Organizations were contacted for donations and a shelter was sought to house a library.

WVAM offered two rooms in its Cove studio at 507 E. Main St. On Jan. 3, 1959, the library began operation at this location. It functioned with a nucleus of volunteer work...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019