Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

Parsonage Fire Extinguished

 

September 5, 2019



Herald of Aug. 30, 1894

A kitchen attached to the Methodist parsonage in Williamsburg caught fire when the wind blew sparks onto the roof, igniting the structure. The blaze was extinguished by volunteers before any major damage was done to the kitchen or the parsonage.

Catharine Irvin, 92, died of old age. She was Williamsburg’s oldest citizen at the time, having been born there on March 5, 1802.

Lutheran churches in Blair and adjacent counties traveled to Martinsburg for their ninth annual reunion, hosted by the Martinsburg congregation.

Two heifers were killed when they were struck by l...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 09/22/2019 10:08