Tussey Mining Co. Formed
October 31, 2019
Herald of Oct. 25, 1894
The Tussey Mountain Mining & Smelting Co. was organized at the Park Hotel in Roaring Spring. Officers were Hon. D.D. Morrell of Henrietta, president; W.S. Nicodemus of Martinsburg, secretary and treasurer; and W.S. Taylor of Huntingdon, manager. Stock was to be offered for a month at $5 a share.
About six years earlier Christ Snyder of Henrietta, while prospecting on Tussey Mountain, came upon an outcrop bearing copper and lead, which caused him to drive in a small tunnel. Finding good indications, he interested John Shirley of Martinsburg, now of Huntingdon, who org...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.