Tussey Mining Co. Formed

 

October 31, 2019



Herald of Oct. 25, 1894

The Tussey Mountain Mining & Smelting Co. was organized at the Park Hotel in Roaring Spring. Officers were Hon. D.D. Morrell of Henrietta, president; W.S. Nicodemus of Martinsburg, secretary and treasurer; and W.S. Taylor of Huntingdon, manager. Stock was to be offered for a month at $5 a share.

About six years earlier Christ Snyder of Henrietta, while prospecting on Tussey Mountain, came upon an outcrop bearing copper and lead, which caused him to drive in a small tunnel. Finding good indications, he interested John Shirley of Martinsburg, now of Huntingdon, who org...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022

Rendered 02/01/2023 23:16