Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

DeFord Sells Store to Stoner

 

November 27, 2019



Herald of Nov. 22, 1894

A.O. DeFord sold his store building on East Allegheny Street for $1,600 to A.H. Stoner of the firm of Shiffler & Stoner, grocers, who set Dec. 1 as the moving date. R.O. Clabaugh, tailor, was to occupy the room being vacated by Shiffler & Stoner.

Martinsburg Methodists voted on the question of women being admitted as lay delegates to the general conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The count was 15 against and 13 in favor of admission. Only members 21 years of age were privileged to vote.

The German Baptist Brethren Ministerial Association was holding a two-day session at James Creek.

Fire burned a straw stack on the David Stonerook farm at Woodbury, but because it was calm, the fire did not spread to the barn or other buildings.

Another diphtheria epidemic was reported in Frankstown Township.

A.S. Morrow was converting the poultry house on his farm near Martinsburg into a cottage to be occupied by his farmer, George Nicodemus.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 12/05/2019 10:40