100 Years Ago
February 27, 2020
Herald of Feb. 27, 1920
An interesting program was rendered at the Acker school, Huston township, by the teacher, Harry Detwiler, and the pupils of the school, as “Old Glory” was unfurled to the breeze in front of the school house on a newly erected flag pole presented by the generosity of Mr. Charles Acker. Three visiting schools were present including Beavertown, Furnace and Fredericksburg Grammar schools.
Through the generosity of Mr. Jacob Wallace, the pupils and teacher of the Fredericksburg Grammar school enjoyed a sled ride to the Acker school.
C.W. Deford, proprietor of the Whi...