Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

Mrs. Ashcom Badly Burned

125 Years Ago

 


Herald of March 28, 1895

Mrs. C.P. Ashcom’s hand and forearm were burned almost to a crisp by hot lard, which she spilled on herself at her Martinsburg home. She had been heating the lard in a large pan in the oven of the stove when she discovered that it was becoming overheated. She removed the pan and was carrying it to a porch adjoining the kitchen when the contents ignited.

Mrs. Ashcom became frightened and accidently fell, spilling the hot fluid partly over herself and terribly burning her right hand. The burning lard splashed upon the woodwork and a basket of clothes nearby, and a...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 09/22/2020 07:06