Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

Corn Planting to Start Soon

125 Years Ago

 


No Herald on file for May 9, 1895. These items are from preceding weeks:

The Farmers were busy preparing their ground for corn planting.

Bellwood citizens organized a vigilance committee for the purpose of putting down the hoodlum element in that town, who had long held sway.

E.Z. Kagarise announced plans to build an extensive addition to expand his hardware business and tin shop.

Mrs. Reuben Ott was elected president of the Ladies Sewing Circle of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

T.D. and D.T. Snoeberger, founders and mechinists, received one ton of Osborne standard binding twine for resale to farmers for the season.

G.W. Snively moved from Yellow Springs to West Martinsburg, where he was employed as a miller with Clapper, Hagey & Co.

Mrs. H.S. Brown and daughter Ella Mae and Mrs. Susan Mentzer and Charles Brown and J.W. Mentzer went to Bedford to attend the funeral of the 1-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. George F. Brown of Bedford.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 09/01/2020 07:08