Dynamite Used in R.S.
125 Years Ago
June 25, 2020
Herald of June 27, 1895
Dynamite was being used in Roaring Spring for the excavation of a site for Druggist Harr’s new dwelling. The concussions were making the village quake.
The ladies of the Martinsburg Methodist Church held a festival in the Odd Fellows Building.
A.O. Dilling was building a new stable at the rear end of his premises in Martinsburg.
The editor commented that it appeared Martinsburg would have such a quiet Fourth of July that it would remind residents of a Puritan Sabbath.
Herbert Green was injured, though not seriously, in an accident at the Roaring Spring paper mill....