Post Office for Spring Meadow
125 Years Ago
July 16, 2020
Herald of July 11, 1895
A post office was established at Spring Meadow with William U. Ake as postmaster.
The Methodist Congregation of Loysburg decided to build a new church. The ground was secured and a considerable amount of money subscribed for the new building.
The steeple of the Martinsburg Church of God, which had been demolished by lightning, was being rebuilt.
The advance agent and bill poster of John H. Sparks’ shows was the victim of a run-away. He was driving down West Allegheny Street when his horse became unmanageable by reason of a break in the harness. It ran down the stre...