Post Office for Spring Meadow

125 Years Ago


Herald of July 11, 1895

A post office was established at Spring Meadow with William U. Ake as postmaster.

The Methodist Congregation of Loysburg decided to build a new church. The ground was secured and a considerable amount of money subscribed for the new building.

The steeple of the Martinsburg Church of God, which had been demolished by lightning, was being rebuilt.

The advance agent and bill poster of John H. Sparks’ shows was the victim of a run-away. He was driving down West Allegheny Street when his horse became unmanageable by reason of a break in the harness. It ran down the stre...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 10/27/2020 22:48