Flag Shown in Martinsburg

75 Years Ago

 


Herald of July 26, 1945

A large German flag which was made to fly over New York City when the Stars and Stripes would be pulled down, once the Germans captured the American metropolis, was shown in Martinsburg. The flag belonged to Sgt. Robert Wade Cherry, son of Mr. and Mrs. C.H. Cherry of Baltimore. The soldier and his parents were visiting at the home of the young man’s siste, Mrs. Charles Nier, and husband, who lived in the Wagner apartments on North Market Street.

Local dairymen who became members of the newly formed Morrisons Cove Artifical Breeding Cooperative elected 12 temporary...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020