Bassler Dedication Preacher
125 Years Ago
November 12, 2020
Herald of Nov. 7, 1895
The Rev. J.S. Bassler of Martinsburg preached at the dedication of a church in Spring Meadow, Bedford County, that had been formerly a Friends or Quaker meeting house but had been purchased and repaired by C. Claycomb and Daniel Price for Zion’s United Children’s Congregation.
Kalish’s Clothier of Altoona placed a full-age ad in the Herald for boys suits for $1, $1.50 and $2 and men’s $7.50 suits for $5.
There were three cases of typhoid fever in one family at Henrietta.
The kalethumpian band turned out to serenade Charlie Wilson of Roaring Spring. The usual p...