Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

75 Years Ago

Barn Destroyed by Fire

 

February 11, 2021



Herald of Feb. 7, 1946

The large barn on the property of Mr. and Mrs. Milbert Snyder of Loysburg was destroyed by fire at noon, Friday, Feb. 1. The fire was thought to have started from a brooder stove. The barn had been remodeled for chicken raising and was equipped with six or seven brooders. The Snyders had 2,500 chickens. About 150 chickens were rescued.

Sgt. Walter E. Butler of Martinsburg, veteran of World War II, was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with the Oak Leaf Cluster for heroic actions. The citations given with the two awards described Sgt. Butler’s achievements in repairing w...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021