100 Years Ago

School History Completed

 


Herald of March 4, 1921

The history of the Dick School located a mile south of Roaring Spring was written by Miss Mattie Slick and her father S.H. Slick. The Pennsylvania Department of Education was collecting information about old time schools. The Dick School, known earlier as the Stone School House, was bought on Jan. 2,1921 from Dr. Clyde McGinnis of Chicago. The school was purchased for $125 by the Dick Historical Society.

The Gettman-Johnson Motor Co. Of Altoona, Ford dealer, announced that a tractor clinic would be held in the new company building at Union and Beale Avenues, Altoona,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 11/29/2021 12:14