Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

100 Years Ago

Wall Street Church Bid Farewell

 


Herald of April 1, 1921

L.C. “Red” Metzler and his farewell service was presented in the Church of the Brethren, Martinsburg. The church building was to be replaced with a “larger and more modern structure.” The principal speaker at the service, held on Easter morning, was Elder James A. Sell. He spoke on the settlement of the Cove and the establishment of the Cove Church of the Brethren in the valley. The building committee for the new church was composed of the following men: James Wineland, M.R. Brumbaugh, Henry Brumbaugh, Ira E. Brumbaugh and George B. Wineland.

A missionary con...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021