75 Years Ago
Cove Gets AI Bred Calf
August 12, 2021
Herald of Aug. 15, 1946
The first calf from artificial breeding arrived in the Cove. It was a Holstein heifer born to a heifer on the farm G. Ray Barley of New Enterprise.
Jack Klepser of Martinsburg was seriously injured when he was thrown from a pony he was riding. He and another boy had been racing along Penn Street near the planning mill when the stirrup strap broke.
The Guyer Motor Co. In Martinsburg was being built on the plot ground across Penn Street from the planing mill.
A new street, tentatively named Fairview Street, was to be opened from North Market Street, opposite the Mrs. Emma Kinsey property, to Wall Street.
Officials of a garment manufacturing company were expected to select the site for a completely new $75,000 factory in Saxton that was to employ 200 persons.
A kitchen shower was held for newlyweds Mr. And Mrs. Carl F. Pepple.