Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

100 Years Ago

Second Hotel Opens

 

September 9, 2021



Herald of Sept. 9, 1921

Carl G. Bridenbaugh, son of Prof. P.H. Bridenbaugh, opened a first-class hotel in the Seminary building on E. Allegheny Street to accommodate the traveling public and provide special parties for tourists. A large dining room suitable for 100 guests would occupy the spacious first floor, other floors would be available as guest rooms. Modern in every way, the building was being wired, electric lights and fire escapes installed, making it an attractive stopping place in the heart of the Cove.

Baseball was high on the sports list. The Woodbury team won over the strong H...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/21/2021 09:01