Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Claysburg Eyes New Park

 

September 9, 2021



Herald of Sept. 12, 1971

Plans were underway for developing a 17-acre tract of land into a park in Claysburg. The land for the park, which was to be located at the corner of Senator Street and Route 220, was donated by General Refractories. The park was to include an auditorium, swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts and a Little League baseball field.

A “Meals on Wheels” program was to begin bringing “1-½, meals” per day to 15 elderly residents in Roaring Spring.

Gary Stern and Bob Hoover, both of Martinsburg, returned from a 34 day, 3,500-mile bicycling expedition through th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021