100 Years Ago
School Goes to Historical Soc.
October 7, 2021
Herald of Oct. 7, 1921
The Dick Historical Society began its work in August 1919 at securing funds to purchase and repair the old Dick School House near Roaring Spring. After two years, the goal was reached on Oct. 1 and a dedication was celebrated by 240 people witnessing the building being turned over to the Blair County Historical Society. Many donations of cash, labor and materials were received, but a debt of $105 remained. By noon $130 was secured through cash offerings.
Mrs. A.E. Martz and Mrs. Blair R. Bice entertained 23 members of the Cheerful Service Class of the Methodist Church...