FDA and CDC Authorize Booster Dose of Moderna, Johnson & Johnson Vaccines
October 28, 2021
The CDC recommends booster shots for certain groups of individuals.
Individuals who received Moderna or Pfizer vaccine are eligible to get a booster, if:
• It’s been at least six months since your initial series of two doses, and you are one of the following:
• Age 65+,
• Age 18+ and reside in a long-term care setting,
• Age 18+ and have an underlying medical condition, or
• Age 18+ and work or live in a high-risk setting.
Individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine are eligible to get a booster, if:
• It’s been at least two months since thei...