Conemaugh Nason Medical Center Adjusts Visitation Policy
December 2, 2021
Conemaugh Nason Medical Center will adjust the hospital’s visitation policy beginning on Tuesday, Nov. 23, as follows:
• Intensive Care/Medical-Surgical Units: One visitor per patient from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
• Labor and Delivery: One support person for the duration of the stay. No other visitors are permitted at this time.
• Minors (under age 18): One parent or guardian for the duration of the stay.
• Emergency Department: One support person during the ED visit.
• Ambulatory Appointments: One support person is permitted to help patients who require extra assistance.
• End-of-life, as well as other situations where a patient’s well-being or mental state benefits from visitors, will be approved by the attending physician in coordination with staff.
Conemaugh Nason Medical Center continues to take all the necessary precautions to keep patients and staff safe by isolating COVID-19 patients, enforcing a universal masking policy, screening everyone who enters the facility, implementing the most effective cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and enhancing safety with new personal protective equipment protocols. Visitors must remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, and social distancing will continue to be practiced. Patients are encouraged to use alternative methods of communication, including FaceTime or Zoom, as much as possible. Devices are available for patient use at the hospital upon request.
Conemaugh Health System continues to encourage the community to do their part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by getting vaccinated. The overwhelming percentage of hospitalized COVID-19 patients who are unvaccinated shows that being vaccinated against COVID-19 is still the best defense against serious illness, hospitalization and death. COVID-19 vaccines are readily available in the local community. Visit Vaccines.gov to schedule a vaccination appointment.
For additional information, please visit Conemaugh.org.