50 Years Ago
Chimes Donated to Church
December 23, 2021
Herald of Dec. 23, 1971
Cathedral chimes were donated to the Claysburg Church of God in honor of the Rev. Charles L. Cox by his wife, Mrs. Edith Cox. The Rev. Mr. Cox, 91, a resident of Claysburg, served the Claysburg church from 1926 until 1952. He was still a member of the church and occasionally delivered the message during worship.
The Pa. Department of Agriculture was looking for farms in the area to be listed as vacation farms in the 1972 Pennsylvania Farm Vacation Directory. Farmers who were willing to accept paying guests to supplement their farms’ income were asked to contact the...