Herald of Jan. 23, 1947
The largest real estate development in Martinsburg’s history was announced by the owner, Dr. J. W. Hersberger. The Park Manor development, located between Woodlawn Avenue and Spring Street and extending from the Blair County Airport westward to within a block of South Market Street, was previously part of North Woodbury Township. The land was formerly part of the Major Theophilus Snyder farm. The development contained 127 homesites set on curving streets.
Jesse C. Moore escaped injury when a freight train pushed his dump truck through part of a lumber shed at the...