Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

100 Years Ago

Church Dedicates New Edifice

 

February 24, 2022



Herald of March 3, 1922

The Morrisons Cove Memorial Church of the Brethren dedicated their newly erected church edifice in Martinsburg to the memory of the pioneer Christian men and women of the church. More than 800 people from all sections of the Cove and various parts of the state attended the service. Elder M.C. Swigart of Philadelphia delivered the dedicatory message. The dedicatory prayer was offered by Elder J. W. Swigart of Huntingdon. Andrew McGraw was the chief carpenter in charge of the construction work. The building stood on the site of the old church that was razed the previo...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 11/07/2022 22:35