Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

Friday Fire Damages Williamsburg Apartment

A Friday evening fire at the Spring House apartments on High Street, Williamsburg, caused extensive damage to one apartment while another sustained minor damage.

According to Williamsburg Volunteer Fire Department Chief Ted Hyle, the call came in around 10:30 p.m. for a multi-dwelling fire.

According to Hyle, the occupant of a second-floor apartment had put her groceries down on the stove and accidently bumped the knob, which set the bags on fire.

Hyle said the kitchen had extensive smoke and fire damage. The apartment directly below sustained water damage.

Fire crews from Martinsburg, Roaring...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/15/2024 02:30