125 Years Ago
March 24, 2022
Herald of March 25, 1897
Mrs. S. C. Schaffer resigned her position as teacher of the primary school to accept the matronship of the Blair County Children’s Home.
The Herald was called an agitator because it reminded people of the fact that Martinsburg Water Company did not keep its promise of providing a public fountain.
Mrs. John Fox of Defiance, Bedford County, was seriously burned in an accident at her home. A pot of meat boiled dry on the stove and the contents were burning when Mrs. Fox carried it outside. The pot exploded in the cold air, releasing hot grease on her face and hands...