Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

By RICK BOSTON
Staff Writer 

Martinsburg Home Uninhabitable After Fire

 

April 28, 2022

Rick Boston

J.R. Fagans stands in the burned-out master bedroom of his East Julian Street home. The April 12 fire caused extensive smoke and water damage to the rest of the home, Fagans said a lot of work to restore the home needs to be done before his family can move back in.

A fire on Tuesday evening, April 12, caused extensive damage to 301 E. Julian St., Martinsburg.

A story in last week's Herald erroneously reported that the home's occupants were able to continue living in the house after the fire was extinguished, when in fact, fire damage to the top floor and water and smoke damage to the rest of the house were severe, rendering the home uninhabitable.

According to the home's owner, Jay "J.R." Fagans, the fire started in the master bedroom closet when something, possibly the family cat, knocked some clothing onto a track light.

Fagans said it was between 8...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021