100 Years Ago

Committee Consummates a Deal


Herald of June 9, 1922

The committee in charge of securing the grove to be known as the Morrisons Cove Memorial Park consummated a deal this week that gave what is known as the Snyder’s Grove to the association.

Miss Hazel Kemberlin entered the office of the Morrisons Cove Telephone Company to train for an operator.

A new four room school was being planned for the Mines. The building was to sit along the state highway, one-half mile from Williamsburg.

Whooping Cough was reported at Barley’s Corner, several of the children of Emory Ebersole being afflicted with it.

Mary Elizabeth, daught...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021