Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

By THOMAS SCHMITT
Hollidaysburg Correspondent 

ELF to Maintain Reiser House Museum

 

The refurbished Reiser House Museum at the bottom of Canal Basin Park in Hollidaysburg is open to tourists from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day.

The Hollidaysburg Borough Council agreed to have Empowering Lives Foundation (ELF) owner John Seely handle staffing at the historic Reiser House Museum weekdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., except holidays, starting July 18 through the end of October.

The Reiser House is located at the Canal Basin Park and the house was historically where the lockmaster on the Canal and his family would live. His duties included maintaining the lock and collecting fees. Reiser, the builder, was a prominent butcher in town and built his home on the site of the canal.

There are indoor and outdoor exhibits tellin...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/30/2022 09:19