Bird Hunters Reminded To Take HPAI Precautions
October 20, 2022
Test results show more than 30 Canada geese sick or dead at Griffin Reservoir, Lackawanna County, were infected with Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).
Hunters who handle wild birds are advised to take precautions. Bird hunters should:
• Harvest only healthy-looking wild birds.
• Wear gloves when handling any wild birds.
• Wash hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer immediately after handling wild birds.
• Dress harvested wild birds in the field.
• Change clothing, including footwear, before coming in contact with any pet birds or domestic po...