Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

25 Years Ago

Benson School Purchased

 

October 27, 2022



Herald of Nov. 6, 1997

W. Gene Henry of Martinsburg, who purchased the former Benson School building at a sale held by the Internal Revenue Service, announced his intention to donate the property to borough council. Mr. Henry noted that he was making the donation as a memorial to his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer C. Ake.

Appleton Papers employees were collecting new or almost new toys, non-perishable food items, and clothing to distribute to needy families at Christmas. Mary Greenleaf of Roaring Spring started the program 12 years earlier and was still leading the effort.

Miss Dorothy Ko...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Mcherald
Hollidaysburgherald

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022

Rendered 12/04/2022 18:29