Chimney Fire Strikes North Woodbury Twp. Home
December 8, 2022
Fire struck a home at 529 Central High Road, North Woodbury Township, around 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5. The home is owned by Kevin and Lisa Smith. Martinsburg Volunteer Fire Company Chief Randy Acker said that the apparent cause was a cracked flue, which allowed heat to escape the chimney and ignite the home's structural wood. Acker said that the fire involved mostly smoke, but the fire department had to open walls inside and outside the structure to make sure that the fire was out. Acker said that the home is still habitable. The Martinsburg fire company was assisted by the Roaring Spring Frie...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.