Fire Destroys Building
Herald of Jan. 3, 1923
Blair Four, near Williamsburg, was the scene of the most costly fire in the history of the community on Saturday night (Dec 30) when the general store owned by Blair R. Bice of Martinsburg was destroyed. The building, owned by the Blair Limestone Company, contained in addition to the store, the post office and two apartments. Two families were rendered homeless, one being that of Howard Swartz, manager of the store. The other family was that of the Theodore residence, an employee of the company.
Not only was the utmost of the goods in the Bice store and most of the...