Morrisons Cove Herald - Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

75 Years Ago

Fires Across the Cove

 

January 19, 2023



Herald of Jan. 29, 1948

Fires broke out across the Cove as the temperatures plummeted. In Williamsburg the Zimmerman Store on West Second Street suffered $1,000 in losses. The store was on the first floor and an apartment occupied by the Joseph Boyd family and the lodge hall of the J.O.U.A.M. was on the second. In Woodbury a fire was discovered around 1 a.m. in the greenhouse of Postmaster J. F. Beach. It started when a stove overheated. In Martinsburg a flue fire at the home of Mrs. Frank Whitaker started from an overheated kitchen range. In addition, the tabernacle at Rodman burned on Su...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Mcherald
Hollidaysburgherald

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022