100 Years Ago
February 16, 2023
There is no copy of the Herald for February 23, 1923 in the archives. In light of the current poultry shortages, here are some “Poultry Notes “ from the February 16, 1923 edition.
• The busy hen is a laying hen.
• There are poor laying hens in all breeds.
• In poultry raising the breed is important, but the man or woman behind the breed is more so.
• A sick hen may be faded but will not show the vigor that is shown in a good layer.
• With colder weather more corn may be fed but it is easy to overfeed corn, even in the winter.
• For the sake of keeping peace in the neighborh...