125 Years Ago
March 16, 2023
Herald of March 17, 1898
A flag, 6 by 10 feet, was raised at Law’s School, a mile north of Curryville, on Saturday afternoon with a ceremony attended by a large number of people. Two musical organizations enlivened the program, the Martinsburg Drum Corps and the Henrietta Band taking turns in rendering selections. Prof. Henry S. Wertz, superintendent of schools attended, as did Major Alex Bobb, Civil War veteran from Martinsburg and George W. Patterson of Williamsburg, candidate for the state assembly, among others. Most of the speakers made reference to the possibility of war between the...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.