Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Fire Destroys Woodbury Garage

Herald of June 28, 1973

A fire believed to have been started by a spark from a welder’s torch destroyed the Galen Whetstone garage at the northern end of Woodbury Monday morning. The blaze destroyed the garage and all the shop equipment. It also destroyed a house-car camper parked outside the garage.

Mr. and Mrs. Harold Feather of Martinsburg RD 1 will leave Monday for New York City where they will meet 36 Fresh Air Fund children and accompany them on a bus to Altoona. The children will vacation with host families in the area from July 3 to July 18.

James Biddle of Williamsburg RD 1 won the Bl...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 05/16/2024 13:15