Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Store a Total Loss After Fire

Herald of July 26, 1973

Damage from last week’s fire in Roaring Spring was estimated at $400,000. The fire started in faulty electrical wiring in the cellar near the middle section of Family Fashions. The Family Fashions store was a total loss, with damage estimated at $45,000 to the building and to the contents at $100,000. There was extensive damage to adjacent buildings.

Excavation work began at the Morrisons Cove Home on a new annex. The new building would contain a new dining room, kitchen and store room.

Miss Michelyn C. Barkman of Woodbury was elected to represent the Department of Fore...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 06/19/2024 19:09