Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

Charter Issued for Phone Lines

Herald of Sept. 8, 1898

A charter has been issued to the Huntingdon Telephone Co. of Huntingdon to operate telephone lines in the counties of Huntingdon, Bedford, Blair, Centre, Fulton, Mifflin, Juniata, Perry and Franklin.

Some of the young people attended A. M. E. bush meeting at Pine Hill on Sunday, but a greater number of them could be seen taking an early start to the dedication of the Reformed church at Lafayetteville. Among the most prominent to attend the dedication were Mr. W. B. Kauffman and Miss Kansas Little.

The Herald is the only paper printed within the limits of Morrisons Cove....

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 05/25/2024 16:21