125 Years Ago
Schools Closed for Epidemic
October 19, 2023
Herald of Oct. 27, 1898
Lester, son of Mr and Mrs. Charles Patterson of Williamsburg, succumbed to scarlet fever. Public schools were closed Friday last and will remain closed until the epidemic has abated.
Harry Moore, while drinking directly from a spring near East Sharpsburg, swallowed a lizard. It gave him considerable trouble until he received treatment from Dr. Nason, and the lad vomited the live lizard out of his stomach.
Henry W. Keagy disposed of this house and lot, corner of East Allegheny and Wall streets, at public sale, Saturday afternoon to E.B. DeFord. Consideration $1,814....