Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

Medical Event Led to Last Week's Bobcat Fire in Martinsburg

The fire that destroyed a Martinsburg business last week started when a man working with a blow torch suffered a fatal heart attack. According to Blair County Coroner Patty Ross, Rodney Walters, 52, was using the torch while installing a natural gas boiler at Bobcat when a sudden cardiac event took his life. Ross said it is likely the torch fell from his hands and started the fire and that Walters had passed away before the fire started.

North Woodbury Township Police Chief Lance Morris said a quick response by area fire departments couldn't save the building with flames getting under the meta...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 06/14/2024 00:43