Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

75 Years Ago

Fire Causes Damage

Herald of Dec. 23, 1948

Quick action by the Martinsburg Fire Company restricted damage to a few feet plank wall when a defective chimney set fire to the house of Rev. I. B. Kennsinger at Fredericksburg, Tuesday morning. Damage to the plank dwelling recently covered by clapboard was estimated at about $100 by the owner. Fire Chief Frank Teeter said the fire was caused when excess heat cracked a terra cotta pipe which extended through the plank wall into the outside chimney.

Prospects for a white Christmas which looked so bright Sunday morning when Morrisons Cove was covered with a five-inch bla...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 06/14/2024 08:06