Theater Plans to Donate Proceeds
Herald of Jan. 11, 1924
An arrangement was worked out with C.W. D’Ford, proprietor of the D’Ford Theater in Martinsburg, where a series of 12 quality pictures were to be shown with part of the proceeds going to school libraries. Businessmen in town agreed to sell tickets to guarantee the success of the program. Booked for the first two shows were “The Old Homestead” and “When Knighthood Was in Flower.”
A petition containing over 400 names was presented to the Blair County commissioners by a delegation from the Martinsburg-Fredericksburg area. The petition asked the commissioners...