Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

Congregation Purchases Property

Herald of Feb. 9, 1899

The Mennonite congregation in Roaring Spring purchased the Methodist’s old property and were having regular services in the church with preaching every two weeks and Sunday School every Sunday afternoon. Rev. Abram Metzler was pastor.

A fire in the smokehouse at the Park Hotel destroyed the building and a large quantity of hams and other meats stored there. Dr. Nason showed his appreciation to the fire laddies for extinguishing the blaze by presenting them with a box of cigars. The firemen gathered in the fire hall and smoked to the doctor’s health.

Wood Spielman...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 02/20/2024 22:07